Posts Tagged ‘for sale’
Thursday, August 31st, 2017
I’ve seen a lot of changes in the real estate industry over the last 14 years, and one of the biggest has been the increase in the number of “teams.” A team is a group of real estate agents who work under one broker. For example, say John Smith works for Real Estate Company, and he forms a team of 10 agents. They all work for Real Estate Company, but they work together with John Smith as his team members; multiple agents may work together with a client during a home sale or purchase.
Many people wonder how a team can benefit them if they are a buyer or seller, and whether it makes more sense to hire a sole agent or a team. Needs and opinions will vary, but here are the reasons I feel that working with an experienced sole agent, rather than a team, can truly benefit buyers and sellers:
1. Facts and details. As a sole agent, my clients know they are working with ME. They will not have to deal with a slew of other agents, assistants, secretaries or other people. If they have a question, they will be able to reach ME. I always answer my phone and if I am with another client or in a meeting, I call back quickly. My clients love this, because I know what is going on at all times in regards to their sale or home search. In turn, it benefits me because I do not have to check in with someone else to find out what is going on before calling or visiting a client.
2. Relationship. I have ALWAYS said the real estate is not just about selling property – it is about forming a relationship with the person who is entrusted to handle a legal transaction on your behalf. Buying or selling a home or investment property is fraught with legalities – you need to know that the person you select to help you truly has your back. I believe (and my clients confer) that it is easier to form a relationship with one person who is dedicated to serving you.
3. Connections. Team members often claim that they provide superior service because they have a bevvy of “exterior” (not agents) experts – loan officers, escrow officers, title people, contractors, etc. Well, guess what? Sole agents have those too – in fact, I have a list with many kinds of referrals that I have compiled over the years, and my clients reap the benefits.
4. Numbers game. As a sole agent my goal is to be there for my clients. I don’t focus on how many sales I can make, but rather on how I can best serve each individual to the best of my ability. If I cannot then I will not take on new clients. The key is dedicated service, not a numbers game.
People have different opinions on how their needs can best be served when it comes to real estate transactions, and that is great. If you are planning on buying or selling real estate, it is important to figure out what you expect from your relationship with your agent or team, and to make that clear up front. Most importantly, make sure you find an area expert who has experience selling homes. A large percentage of agents have secondary jobs and do not think of real estate as their career – find one who is a professional.
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Sellers get ready! Not only are we about to embark on the busy Spring/Summer selling season in real estate – which actually seems to be well under way – but according to Zillow we are entering the best 2 weeks out of the entire year to sell a home.
Zillow reports that the period between May 1-15 is the BEST time of the year in which to sell a home. The study found that homes which sell during this time sell on average 18.5 days faster and for more money (1% more than the average listing).
It is important to note that some areas may have different results, so I suggest contacting an experienced agent in your neighborhood/surrounding areas to find out when the best time to list your home may be, and how the market is doing.
In Carlsbad CA for example, the market is currently very hot. Many homes are getting multiple offers and inventory is historically low, so desirable homes are selling quickly. Buyers are waiting for homes to pop up in certain neighborhoods; I get many phone calls from agents asking if I know of any upcoming sales in a neighborhood in which I have sold many houses.
The bottom line is that if you are considering selling your home, now is one of the best times to do so. There is a healthy buyer pool out there so contact an experienced agent and find out what you need to do to be sale-ready.
Thursday, June 9th, 2016
Welcome to 1628 New Crest Court in Carlsbad, Offered at $1,479,000.
Pure luxury abounds in this exquisite new construction Carlsbad home, situated on the end of a cul de sac with gorgeous easterly sunrise, canyon and mountain views, and only minutes to the beach. This stunning home has it all, with impeccable attention to detail – hardwood flooring, plantation shutters, stainless top of the line appliances, silk granite and quartz counters, French doors, complete landscaping, and much more, on an 8800+ square foot view lot that is adjacent to open space.
– 5 Bedrooms (one downstairs), 4.5 baths, 4234 square feet
– 8816 square foot private lot
– End of cul-de-sac view lot – canyon and mountain easterly views
– Open floorplan with 9-10 foot high ceilings throughout
– Hardwood flooring downstairs and designer carpeting upstairs
– Enormous kitchen with oversized satin finished granite island
– Quartz kitchen counters and custom full-height tiled backsplash
– Satin white cabinetry with soft close in kitchen
– Stainless Dacor (Bosch-quality) appliances, including 3 ovens and 6-burner stove
– Butler pantry, large walk-in storage pantry and breakfast nook
– Spacious family room with fireplace and folding doors to bring the outdoors inside
– Master & powder bath Marble countertops with tile and wood floors
– Cultured marble and tile backsplash in laundry room, and all other baths
– Outdoor covered loggia
– Upgraded fixtures and lighting
– Downstairs bedroom and bathroom with French doors
– Recessed lighting in all rooms
– Instant water heating in Kitchen and Master bathroom
– Rannai tankless water heaters
– Plantation shutters and vertical blinds
– Heat & Glo Fireplace
– Goodman A/C
– Lift master garage door openers
– Rainbird sprinkler system with auto humidity control
– Master bedroom balcony and Juliet balcony in front
– Mission Drywall Texture
– Front courtyard
– Fully landscaped and hardscaped
– Carlsbad Unified School District
– Close to shopping, dining, parks, beaches and highways
For more information and photos please click here. Or call agent Rachel LaMar for a private showing at 760-310-9466.
Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Welcome to 1734 Cereus Court in Carlsbad! Offered at $889,000, this gorgeous 1869 square foot, 4 bedroom, 3 bath home sits on an almost 9000 square foot lot adjacent to the Batiquitos Lagoon.
Upgraded and TURN-KEY and located in the coveted Seaport neighborhood of South Carlsbad, this home is the epitome of the Carlsbad lifestyle. Remodeled throughout with custom cabinetry, granite counters, stainless appliances, double oven, large kitchen island, hardwood flooring, custom paint, new windows and doors throughout, Plantation shutters. Single story living plus large loft and master suite upstairs. Spacious, private backyard with built-in kitchen and huge seating counter, hot tub and lovely garden, and much more!
• Upgraded kitchen with granite counters, custom fixtures, large island and skylight
• Top of the line stainless appliances including large refrigerator and double oven
• Hardwood flooring and custom tile
• Newer doors and windows throughout, including French doors
• Stunning travertine tile bathrooms
• Venetian plaster walls
• Custom paint throughout
• Plantation shutters
• Large yard with built-in BBQ and seating area, hot tub, garden
• Gated front courtyard with fountain
• Enormous upstairs loft and second master suite addition
• Reverse osmosis system
• Downstairs master converted to granny flat with bath, kitchenette (easy to convert to interior bedroom)
• RV parking
• Carlsbad School District
• Close to shopping, dining, movies, post office, schools, parks, resorts, beaches
• No HOAs or mello roos!
For more information please click here. To schedule a showing please contact broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE Lic # 01399682
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
Welcome to 4102 Karst Road!
Offered at $495,000
Absolutely immaculate tri-level Carlsbad townhome in Mystic Point – shows like a model with soaring ceilings and natural light everywhere. Granite kitchen with stainless appliances, crown molding, custom paint, beautiful tile and upgraded carpeting in bedrooms. Separate office/den/playroom with balcony. Attached 2 car epoxy garage, community pool/spa and tot lot, and steps to Calavera Hills nature preserve and trails.
- 2 bedrooms plus office, 1341 square feet
- Gorgeous white cabinet kitchen with dark brown/black granite counters
- Stainless appliances
- Custom paint throughout
- Crown molding
- Cathedral ceilings
- Large tile flooring and upgraded carpeting
- Extra sink adjoins bathroom in downstairs bedroom
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning
- 2 car garage with epoxy flooring and built in storage, laundry area
- Community pool, spa, BBQ and play area
- Steps to Calavera Hills nature preserve and trails
- Carlsbad schools
- Close to shopping, dining, beaches, schools and parks
For more photos and information please click here. To schedule a showing please call Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. MLS #160021250
Friday, September 4th, 2015
Welcome to 1415 Coral Way! Offered at $789,000
Enjoy the great Carlsbad lifestyle in this corner cul de sac lot. This clean and bright home lives like a single story with a downstairs master, plus 2 bedrooms and a spacious loft upstairs.
Living room/dining room combo with hardwood flooring and high ceilings, functional family room with built in surround sound system and adjoining open kitchen with island and walk in pantry. Water-wise low maintenance yard with room for entertaining, built in BBQ and French drain system, and picturesque
side yard, A/C, central alarm system, low HOAs, no mello roos, gated community with pool, spa, parks, RV lot, and ocean breezes.
• 3 bedrooms plus loft, 2.5 bathrooms
• Cul de sac corner lot
• Former model home
• Downstairs master suite
• Living room/dining room combo with wood flooring and high ceiling
• Open kitchen with large center island and walk in pantry
• Water-conscious backyard with spacious patio, built in BBQ an picturesque side yard
• Beautiful landscaping
• Central AC
• Central alarm system
• Built in stereo speaker system in family room and master bedroom
• Great loft upstairs for den, office, playroom, or convert to a 4th bedroom
• Second story computer desk
• 2 car garage with additional work area
• Gated hilltop community with ocean breezes, pool, parks, spas, RV lot
• Low HOA fees and no mello roos
• 2 miles to the beach, close to shopping, dining, and the Batiquitos lagoon
• Carlsbad schools
For more information please click here. MLS# 150048630. Call or text broker Rachel LaMar to schedule showings at 760-310-9466. CA DRE lic # 01399682.
Monday, August 11th, 2014
Welcome to 1500 Sapphire Drive in Carlsbad, an impeccably maintained home with over $130,000 in remodeling and upgrades. Nestled within a gated hilltop community less than two miles from the ocean, this home has been lovingly cared for by the original owners. Come and see for yourself what the coastal good life is all about!
• Offered at $790,000
• 3 bedroom +loft/optional 4th bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home, 2284 square feet
• View lot! Hills, golf course, canyon, and out to the mountains
• Complete kitchen remodel several years ago includes stainless LG appliances, custom granite counters, beautiful custom cabinetry with slider shelving, travertine tiled backsplash and flooring, large eat-in island and under-cabinet lighting
• Downstairs master suite complete with French doors to the backyard (with adjustable operable panels), stunning built-in entertainment center with shelving, ceiling fan, Plantation shutters, custom paint
• Gorgeous remodeled master bath with large sunken tub, travertine tiled dual head shower, Grohe fixtures, high-end Italian glass lighting fixtures, decorative windows, seated vanity
• Plantation shutters, crown molding throughout, thick baseboards downstairs
• Hardwood flooring downstairs and on the stairway
• Upstairs view balcony with French doors
• Large loft upstairs – possibilities are endless, or can be converted to 4th bedroom
• Tasteful low-maintenance backyard with plenty of room for seating, plus seating wall, outdoor kitchen (sink, refrigerator) and fountains
• Spacious front patio and beautifully landscaped entrance
• Epoxy garage with built-in storage and large fire safe
• Air conditioning
• Located in a hilltop gated community less than 2 miles from the ocean
• Low HOAs, no mello-roos, community pool/spas and tot lots, Carlsbad schools
If you are looking for a pristine home that has been upgraded, extremely well-cared for and is truly in move-in condition, with views and coastal breezes, in a gated community, plus Carlsbad schools…this is it!
Please contact me if you are interested in this property or would like further information! Rachel LaMar, Broker, LaMar Real Estate 760-310-9466. CA BRE license number 01399682 MLS #140044087
To see more photos, video and community information click here.
Thursday, February 13th, 2014
This new listing at 4700 Ventana Way is located on a corner lot in the wonderful Rancho del Oro neighborhood. It boasts 1881 square feet, with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and is listed for $450,000.
The living space is filled with natural light and new flooring throughout – warm honey colored laminate flooring is found in the living/dining room areas, the stairs, and all the bedrooms and hallways upstairs. The kitchen, family room and all bathrooms have beautiful neutral tiled flooring.
The backyard has been recently landscaped with a sprinkler system and grass, and offers privacy and a nice amount of space for a garden, play area or whatever your heart desires.
This home has a central alarm system, mini blinds throughout, and a comfortable flooplan. The master bedroom has peeks of the hills and a walk in closet. The laundry room is conveniently located upstairs and there is a spacious loft with built-in desk area upstairs as well.
4700 Ventana Way is centrally located close to highways, shopping, dining, entertainment, public transportation, trails, and only moments to the beach.
This home will be open on Sunday, February 16, from 1:00-4:00. Stop by and have a look, or call Broker Rachel LaMar for more information at 760-310-9466.
MLS# 140008125. Listed by LaMar Real Estate, CA BRE 01399682.
Saturday, December 7th, 2013
Absolutely pristine La Costa Greens cul de sac home – upgrades galore with a bright, open floor plan and a fabulous, private entertainer’s backyard. This home shows like a model and is move-in ready. Offered at $829,000.
• Granite kitchen counters with large island/breakfast bar
• Stainless appliances with double oven, custom hood, 5 burner stove and oversized built-in refrigerator
• Plantation shutters throughout
• Custom tile flooring downstairs
• Dark distressed wood flooring in master
• Full bedroom and bathroom downstairs
• Granite wet bar and wine bar ”2nd kitchen” off dining room
• Custom paint throughout
• Large loft upstairs
• Side patio with water feature off dining room
• Professionally landscaped private yard with fruit trees, large outdoor fireplace with generous seating area, water features
• Wrought iron banisters on staircase and designer carpeting upstairs
• Front courtyard entry with fountain
• Golf course and sunset views from master bedroom
• Spa like master bath with sunken tub, large shower, walk in closet and stone floors
• Upstairs laundry with sink
• Oversized garage with built-in storage
• Central alarm system
• Located in the coveted La Costa Greens community, complete with access to the
Presidio (resort-like pool/spa and clubhouse, gym area), tennis courts
• Close to shopping, dining, schools, highways, and beaches
For more information, photos and a virtual tour click here. MLS number 130063268. Call Rachel with questions and for showings at 760-310-9466.
Friday, October 18th, 2013
839 Mistletoe Lane, Carslbad, CA 92011 – This is an absolutely turn-key townhome!
Offered at $459,000
• 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1263 SF, 2 stories but all living space is on top floor
• Beautifully appointed master suite with hand-scraped walnut flooring,
built in storage in closets, vaulted ceiling and lots of natural light
• Fully remodeled master bathroom with walk-in shower/steam and sunken tub
with glass mosaic tile, cork flooring and skylights
• Custom paint and new fixtures throughout
• Attached single car garage with direct access to home, plus plenty of storage
• Oversized outdoor private deck off kitchen
• Indoor laundry closet with washer and dryer included
• New dual pane windows throughout
• Vaulted ceilings in master bedroom and living room
• Plantation shutters in dining room
• End unit offers privacy and tree-lined views, plus beautiful sunset views
• Complex offers 2 pools/spas, and many grassy areas
• Low HOAs ($231/mo), no mello roos
• Carlsbad Unified School District
• Beach-close and convenient access to highways, schools, shopping and restaurants
To see virtual tour and more photos click here. MLS#130055852. Call me for more information! 760-310-9466
4700 Ventana Way, Oceanside, CA 92057 – Terrific detached home in the wonderful community of Belamar
Offered at $489,000
• 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, loft, 1881 square feet
• Corner lot
• Open floorplan
• New laminate flooring in living room, family room, stairway, loft and bedrooms
• New tile flooring in bathrooms and kitchen
• Newly painted inside
• Fireplace in family room
• Lovely mountain and tree views from master bedroom
• Nice sized backyard – ready for your creativity
• Light and bright throughout
• Upstairs laundry room
• 2 car garage
• Centrally located close to shopping, dining, highways and the beach
• Low HOAs – only $$105/month
• Nice sized backyard – ready for your creativity
To see virtual tour and more photographs, click here. MLS# 130055859. Call me for more information at 760-310-9466.