Posts Tagged ‘Carlsbad’
Thursday, November 30th, 2017
Sales in North San Diego have jumped considerably between October 2016 and October 2017. The chief economist for the California Association of Realtors predicts that sales will be up 8% for the year. For 2018 the prediction is a 4.2% in appreciation and a slight increase in sales volume.
Here are the statistics for North County coastal zip codes from October 2016 to October 2017, for both single family homes (SFR) and condos:
Saturday, June 10th, 2017
Upgraded and bright Santa Fe Ridge home located in South Carlsbad with award-winning Encinitas schools. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1953 square feet.Â
Features include private landscaped courtyard entry, upgraded kitchen and bathrooms, recessed lighting and vaulted ceilings, custom paint throughout, ceiling fans, dual pane windows and sliders, plantation shutters, tile flooring downstairs, new carpet upstairs.
Beautifully landscaped and well maintained spacious, private backyard with inviting patio and grass areas. Furnace and AC installed in 2015, new hot water heater. Located close to everything – shopping, dining, entertainment, schools and highways…and of course, the beach!
For more information and to view more photos please click here.
Open Sunday 6/11 from 1-4 PM.
Call Nicole to schedule a showing at 760-580-7992
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
The real estate market in Carlsbad is strong but there is still a shortage of inventory. Although Zillow reports that market is currently a buyers’ market, I do not agree (at least not in certain price ranges), as we are still seeing multiple offers in some ranges. Higher priced homes seem to be accruing slightly longer market times than “starter” homes (condos and townhomes from about $650,000 and under).
The median attached home list price in Carlsbad is currently just over $549,000. Home sellers are in a great position at this time, as the market still favors a strong seller advantage, with no change in average asking price per square foot (average of $379).Â Average market time was 76 days and 22% of properties had a price decrease last week. From my position in the trenches with buyers I am finding though that many properties under $650,000 are literally going into contract in a matter of days, often with multiple offers.
Single Family Homes:
The median list price for single family homes is currently $1,049,900, and the 199 homes in Carlsbad (as of last week) have been on the market an average of 90 days. Pricier homes (those over about $1 million) seem to take longer to sell than those under $800,000 – one Carlsbad neighborhood that typically sells in the high $700,000-low $800,000 range can’t keep inventory on the market more than a week, and homes are selling over asking price with multiple offers in days. Although inventory and market action has been trending downward, inventory is sufficiently low to keep the market labeled a seller’s market.
Sale values have risen in some Carlsbad markets 7.5% over the last year and are predicted to rise 2.7% in the next year, according to a study by Zillow, making it a great time to be a seller.
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Welcome to 870 Ginger Avenue, Carlsbad
Offered at $449,000
Fabulous upstairs corner unit condo in coveted southwest Carlsbad, filled with upgrades and natural light, with a large patio to enjoy ocean breezes. Enjoy thick plank bamboo flooring, custom paint, wood blinds, granite kitchen tile counters, beautiful ceramic tile shower and remodeled bathrooms, upgraded fixtures. Move-in ready! See supplement for more.
Welcome to the coveted neighborhood of Carlsbad Crest. This home is turn key, with upgrades galore. Enjoy outdoor relaxation and ocean breezes from a spacious patio that has just been redone. The beautiful tree-lined complex features 2 community pools/spas, and just a short distance to shopping, dining and the beach. One covered parking space plus large storage closet come with the home, as well as the washer, dryer and refrigerator.
- 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths
- Bamboo wide plank flooring
- Granite tile kitchen counters
- Upgraded kitchen with recessed lighting, refrigerator included
- Custom paint throughout
- Wide baseboards
- Wood blinds
- Large patio recently redone
- Remodeled bathrooms with ceramic tiled shower
- Laundry closet with washer and dryer included
- Covered carport space and large storage closet
- Bright and open floorplan
- Updated fixtures and lighting
- Beautiful complex with 2 pools/spas and green areas
- Less than 1 mile to shopping, dining and beach
- No mello roos
- Carlsbad Schools
For more information please click here. For questions or to schedule a showing please call Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE lic 01399682
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
Welcome to 4102 Karst Road!
Offered at $495,000
Absolutely immaculate tri-level Carlsbad townhome in Mystic Point â€“ shows like a model with soaring ceilings and natural light everywhere. Granite kitchen with stainless appliances, crown molding, custom paint, beautiful tile and upgraded carpeting in bedrooms. Separate office/den/playroom with balcony. Attached 2 car epoxy garage, community pool/spa and tot lot, and steps to Calavera Hills nature preserve and trails.
- 2 bedrooms plus office, 1341 square feet
- Gorgeous white cabinet kitchen with dark brown/black granite counters
- Stainless appliances
- Custom paint throughout
- Crown molding
- Cathedral ceilings
- Large tile flooring and upgraded carpeting
- Extra sink adjoins bathroom in downstairs bedroom
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning
- 2 car garage with epoxy flooring and built in storage, laundry area
- Community pool, spa, BBQ and play area
- Steps to Calavera Hills nature preserve and trails
- Carlsbad schools
- Close to shopping, dining, beaches, schools and parks
For more photos and information please click here. To schedule a showing please call Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. MLS #160021250
Monday, February 29th, 2016
As a Carlsbad resident I have to say that I have never been so happy that an election is over. For those who do not know, on February 23 the city of Carlsbad voted on Measure A – a decision which would decide on the fate of the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon and whetherÂ it would become the new home of a upscale shopping and dining destination. I have never seen this city so divided.
People were very vocal on both the “No” and “Yes” sides of the spectrum. There are 2 things I found prevalent among many people, as evidenced on social media:
1. Many residents did not truly understand the issue on which they were voting, and instead listened to all the negative propaganda on both sides.Â It was clear from many comments posted that people did not really understand the ramifications of a “no” or “yes” vote. Many based their decisions on opinions or fluff spewed out by those passionately representing one side. For example, a few people commented that they were voting “no” in order to keep the lagoon in it’s natural state.
The fact of the matter is that the lagoon land, which is owned by SDG&E, WILL be sold and developed. Whoever goes through the proper means to make this happen (the City allowed the current purchaser to cut corners and did not bring it to the voters until they raised a stink) will develop. It may be something not as nice as the current plans specified – such as housing – I heard a rumor about apartment buildings – which may not allow Carlsbad residents to enjoy the space.
2. Many residents acted immature and rude to those on the other side, resorting to name-calling, destruction and stealing of signs, and even threats. Behavior was disappointing. I even posted a comment on Nextdoor.com about a week before the election, trying to appeal to neighbors to be positive and to use their voices to educate the undecideds instead of lashing out insults on the other side. For about a day or 2 people responded to the post in a positive manner. But as soon as one person got nasty it went downhill from there.
Next time there is an election of any type I recommend every citizen do the following prior to voting:
1. Get educated. Read the material you can find on the topic, research it. Truly understand the issue and the opposing arguments. Don’t just rely on what your neighbor or co-worker says, or what angry people say online or write on signs posted in the city. In law school I learned to study arguments on both sides in order to prepare to make my arguments – this is a valuable lesson for everyone.
2. Keep it Classy. This was what I called for when I posted the comment I mentioned above. We live in a democratic society. People will have different opinions – how wonderful that we are allowed to express them. Embrace them and try to understand them – you don’t have to agree. Don’t go online and rant, don’t resort to violence (defacing signs, stealing signs – both of which are illegal and can get you arrested). Each one of these incidences is a valuable lesson to teach our children. Calling your neighbor a name on social media and getting angry because others don’t share your viewpoint is not classy, and teaches young people that it’s ok to not be classy.
Of course, there are some people who insist they are right and they will not refrain from shouting about it, even it it means stepping on or insulting others. My advice is to not respond to these people when they post rude comments. They are obviously looking for fuel to incite them – don’t go there. As I suggested to Carlsbad citizens, use your voices in a positive way – go stand outside a store with pamphlets or blog about your views, write an editorial in a local publication, talk with neighbors and form groups to get out there and teach others.
Keep in mind that every situation is a both an opportunity for each of us to show our true colors, as well as a teaching opportunity. Become a community leader and a teacher by staying educated and being classy.
Sunday, January 10th, 2016
1415 Coral Way, Carlsbad CA 92011
Offered at $749,000
Ocean breeze Carlsbad cul-de-sac home, 2 miles from beach and world-class shopping/dining! Fantastic floor plan lives like a single story with a downstairs master suite, 2 bedrooms and large loft upstairs. Living/dining room combo with beautiful hardwood flooring and high ceilings, spacious family room with built-in surround sound system, fireplace and media nook, open kitchen with center island and breakfast area. Gated community with pool, spas, parks and RV lot, low maintenance yard, AC, alarm, low HOAs, no mello roos, Carlsbad schools…and priced to sell. Stop by – open today from 1:00-4:00.
For more photos, virtual tour and information click here, or call Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466
Thursday, October 22nd, 2015
Please join us this Sunday, 10/25 in the gated hilltop neighborhood of Mar Brisa in South Carlsbad, where you can tour 7 open homes. You will view a variety of floorplans and lots, all waiting for new owners! Mar Brisa is a wonderful neighborhood with lots of amenities, including a resort-like pool area, 2 spas, parks, play areas, an RV lot…beach close with low HOA fees, NO mello roos, and located within the award-winning Carlsbad School District! Open Sunday 10/25 1-4 PM
1409 Turquoise Drive – listed by Rachel LaMar, LaMar Real Estate (760)310-9466 $755,000 (BRE Lic #01399682)
1605 Turquoise Drive – listed by Jennifer Graber, Coldwell Banker (760)533-8717 $769,000 (BRE Lic # 01509374)
1604 Sapphire Drive – listed by Dennis DeSouza, RE/Max Associates (858)455-7653 $779,000 (BRE Lic# 01220680)
1585 Turquoise Drive – listed by Larry Baker, Coldwell Banker (760)635-4273 $789,000 (BRE Lic# 898774)
1415 Coral Way – listed by Rachel LaMar, LaMar Real Estate (760)310-9466 $789,000 (BRE Lic# 01399682)
1514 Turquoise Drive – listed by Tracy Sharrar, Windermere Homes and Estates (760)274-5228 $809,900 (BRE Lic# 01335495)
1505 Turquoise Drive – listed by Tiffany Weis, Humphreys Homes and Estates (760)505-1389 $859,000 (BRE Lic# 01471832)
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Enjoy spectacular panoramic ocean views and sunsets from this beautiful, bright Cape Cod style home in Carlsbadâ€™s desirable Sea Cliff community.Â Stunning remodeled and expanded chefâ€™s kitchen with tons of cabinets and large center island, spacious ocean view patio, new paint inside and out, newer doors and windows, clean and move-in ready! Enjoy resort living in this serene gated community with pools, spas, ponds, tennis courts, clubhouse and walking paths, and only 1 mile from the beach.
â€¢ 1876 square feet â€“ largest home in the neighborhood
â€¢ 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
â€¢Ocean/sunset views from kitchen, living room and master suite
â€¢ Large outdoor patio with ocean views and raised planter beds
â€¢ Enormous remodeled kitchen with lots of cabinetry, center island, and views
â€¢ Huge living room with fireplace
â€¢ Built-in entertainment system in family room
â€¢ New paint inside and out
â€¢ 2 car garage with built-in storage and new garage door
â€¢ Solatubes upstairs and in garage
â€¢ Upgraded custom tile in entryway and kitchen
â€¢ New doors and windows throughout
â€¢ Plantation shutters in master and third bedroom
â€¢ New bath/shower in master bathroom
For more information or to schedule a showing, please contact broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. Click here to view property website.Â MLS # 150054904.Â CA BRE lic #01399682
Thursday, September 24th, 2015
Welcome to 1409 Turquoise Drive in Carlsbad! This home is offered for sale for $755,000.
This desirable floorplan in the gated hilltop community of Mar Brisa is filled with natural light and offers a spacious kitchen, 3 bedrooms plus an additional den/office/playroom, formal dining room and 3 car garage. Large master suite (with ocean peek a boo views), nicely sized private yard, and located close to community pool/spa. Bring your updating ideas – great lot!
- 3 bedrooms plus den/office, 2.5 baths, 2275 square feet
- Large kitchen with center island and lots of cabinet space
- Well appointed master bedroom with ocean peeks
- Breakfast nook and formal dining room
- Nice size rectangular yard with mature landscaping and large patio
- 3 car garage
- Close to community pool/spa/park area
- Gated community
- Low HOA fees, no mello roos
- Carlsbad Unified School District
For more information and photos click here. To schedule a showing contact Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE license # 01399682.