If you live in Carlsbad the city offers free Christmas tree disposal, two ways. This is a great way to help the environment, as the trees are recycled and used as renewable resources.. Your help prevents waste by keeping the 35 million trees sold each year in the U.S. out of our landfills. You can either drop off your tree or dispose of it curbside from December 27 to January 17.
Curbside Disposal: Remember to remove all decorations, lights and stands. Your tree must be cut in half if taller than 6 feet. Set the tree on your curb on your regular trash day. No flocked trees will be accepted.
Drive-to Disposal: You may bring your tree to one of the following recycle centers between December 27 and January 17. You need to make sure the tree is stripped of all decorations, lights and the stand. Here are the locations:
- Calavera Community Park, 2997 Glasgow Drive
- Poinsettia Community Park, 6600 Hidden Valley Road
- Stagecoach Community Park (lower park section), 3420 Camino de los Coches
- Fire Station #1, 1275 Carlsbad Village Drive
- Palomar Transfer Station, 5960 El Camino Real
This information was obtained from the Carlsbad City website. For more information, contact Waste Management at 760-929-9400 or visit http://northcounty.wm.com/christmastree.asp.