Archive for the ‘Carlsbad Real Estate’ Category
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
We are in the middle of the busy home selling season and many people ask me how the market is faring. You will likely not be surprised to know that we are still low on inventory. Here are how the numbers look at this time.
There are currently 313 total active listings in Carlsbad as of today, 184 detached and 103 attached homes (this includes condos, townhomes, rowhomes, twinhomes and condos). There are 29 active mobile or modular homes (included in the detached category). As you can see from the graph above, which showcases the last 3 years of sales, there was more inventory in both categories at the same time last year.
Multiple offer situations continue to be a norm in many areas, especially those properties under one million dollars (and most specifically those under $700,000). Below is a graph showing total inventory for the last 5 years.
There are currently 170 detached homes and 77 attached properties with pending sales (properties that are currently in escrow). As we continue to head through the top time of year for buying and selling properties, it is clear that supply is not meeting demand. This will continue to drive up prices in many areas. Interest rates just rose slightly today so that will also spur some buyers to get out there and join the search party.
If you have any questions about inventory in a specific part of San Diego please feel free to contact me for a detailed analysis. Otherwise find a competent and professional agent in your desired area before deciding to buy or sell a home.
Saturday, June 10th, 2017
Upgraded and bright Santa Fe Ridge home located in South Carlsbad with award-winning Encinitas schools. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1953 square feet.
Features include private landscaped courtyard entry, upgraded kitchen and bathrooms, recessed lighting and vaulted ceilings, custom paint throughout, ceiling fans, dual pane windows and sliders, plantation shutters, tile flooring downstairs, new carpet upstairs.
Beautifully landscaped and well maintained spacious, private backyard with inviting patio and grass areas. Furnace and AC installed in 2015, new hot water heater. Located close to everything – shopping, dining, entertainment, schools and highways…and of course, the beach!
For more information and to view more photos please click here.
Open Sunday 6/11 from 1-4 PM.
Call Nicole to schedule a showing at 760-580-7992
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Sellers get ready! Not only are we about to embark on the busy Spring/Summer selling season in real estate – which actually seems to be well under way – but according to Zillow we are entering the best 2 weeks out of the entire year to sell a home.
Zillow reports that the period between May 1-15 is the BEST time of the year in which to sell a home. The study found that homes which sell during this time sell on average 18.5 days faster and for more money (1% more than the average listing).
It is important to note that some areas may have different results, so I suggest contacting an experienced agent in your neighborhood/surrounding areas to find out when the best time to list your home may be, and how the market is doing.
In Carlsbad CA for example, the market is currently very hot. Many homes are getting multiple offers and inventory is historically low, so desirable homes are selling quickly. Buyers are waiting for homes to pop up in certain neighborhoods; I get many phone calls from agents asking if I know of any upcoming sales in a neighborhood in which I have sold many houses.
The bottom line is that if you are considering selling your home, now is one of the best times to do so. There is a healthy buyer pool out there so contact an experienced agent and find out what you need to do to be sale-ready.
Friday, October 21st, 2016
This wonderfully upgraded Sea Cliff home is located on a cul de sac with views of the lake and pool area. 2 Master suites plus an optional third bedroom downstairs provide ample living space, and the private backyard patio offers fruit trees and tranquil views. Upgrades include granite counters, stainless appliances, travertine flooring, designer carpeting upstairs, new fixtures, remodeled fireplace and bathrooms, new water heater, epoxy flooring in garage, air conditioning, custom paint throughout, and more.
- 1681 SF, 2 bedrooms + optional bedroom, 3 bathrooms
- Patio views to lake and pool/spa
- Quiet cul de sac location
- Upgraded kitchen with granite counters
- Stainless appliances (refrigerator included with sale)
- Travertine flooring downstairs
- Designer carpeting on stairs and second floor
- Dual master suites and a third optional bedroom downstairs
- New lighting and fixtures throughout
- Remodeled bathrooms
- Custom paint throughout, wide baseboards
- 2 car garage with epoxy flooring and built-in storage
- New water heater
- New washer and dryer (included)
- Air conditioning
- High ceilings
- Gated community
- Community pools and spas, tennis courts, clubhouse, lakes, walking paths
- Less than a mile to the beach
- Stroll to shopping, dining at Poinsettia Village Center
- Carlsbad School District
- Low HOAs, no mello roos
Sea Cliff is one of Carlsbad’s secret havens: a gated community with tree-lined walking paths, lakes and ponds, tennis courts, pools and hot tubs, gazebos, places to sit and enjoy nature, plus a fully equipped clubhouse where there is always something going on. Located only 1 mile from the beach, and moments to shopping, dining and entertainment in sunny Carlsbad, North San Diego.
For more photos, information or to schedule a showing, click here or contact agent Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. LaMar Real Estate. BRE# 01993682
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Welcome to 7205 Mimosa Drive in Carlsbad, offered at $839,000.
If you never thought you could fall in love with a home, wait until you see this one. This spectacularly upgraded home is where memories will be made, friends and families will gather, and long lazy days will be spent in the impeccably landscaped pool-sized backyard with ocean breezes and peek views of the stunning Batiquitos Lagoon. Lovingly updated with top of the line materials, gorgeous kitchen and fabulous loft with view balcony.
Enjoy distressed wood plank flooring, custom paint, new windows and doors, incredible chef kitchen with granite counters, custom cabinetry and stainless appliances. Updated bathrooms with extended Italian porcelain shower in the master bath, upgraded fixtures throughout, crown molding in bedrooms, cedar plank master closet, enormous rectangular yard with room for large pool, raised patio, putting green, vegetable garden and lagoon views from deck. RV parking, storage shed and large patio off the kitchen for entertaining. Huge bright and open loft upstairs with ocean and lagoon peek from electronic Sunsetter covered balcony, room off of loft – playroom, office, den, or add closet for another bedroom. Newer roof, garage storage and workbench, ceiling fans, and whole house wiring. Adjacent to Batiquitos Lagoon trails, and short stroll to shopping, dining, grocery store, library, movies and more. Carlsbad schools – blocks to Aviara Oaks Elementary and Aviara Middle School. Great neighborhood with NO HOAs or mello roos. Moment to beaches…come live the Carlsbad lifestyle.
– 3 bedrooms plus 1 optional, 2 baths, 1653 square feet
– Distressed wide plank wood flooring
– New windows and doors throughout
– Gorgeous kitchen with granite, stainless appliances, custom cabinetry, raised ceiling,
movable island counter, added window and updated fixtures
– Crown molding in bedrooms, plantation shutters
– Lovely master suite with French doors to the yard, cedar plank built-in closet
– Italian porcelain extended shower in master bathroom
– Upgraded fixtures and custom paint throughout
– Pool-sized yard: raised deck with lagoon views, putting green, vegetable garden,
storage shed and large patio off kitchen
– RV parking
– Big, bright, open loft upstairs with ocean peek view balcony, Sunsetter electronic shade
and recently redone deck
– Room off loft – office, playroom, den, or add closet for another bedroom
– Newer roof (8 years old)
– Garage laundry area, storage and workbench
– No HOA or mello roos
– Adjacent to Batiquitos Lagoon and trails
– Carlsbad schools – Aviara Oaks Elementary and Middle Schools are blocks away
– Stroll to shopping, dining, movies, coffee, grocery store, library and more
– Moments to beaches, transportation and everything Carlsbad has to offer
For more information and photos click here. Call Broker Rachel LaMar with questions or to schedule a showing at 760-310-9466. MLS# 160042727. OPEN SUNDAY, 8/7 1-4:00 PM
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Welcome to 870 Ginger Avenue, Carlsbad
Offered at $449,000
Fabulous upstairs corner unit condo in coveted southwest Carlsbad, filled with upgrades and natural light, with a large patio to enjoy ocean breezes. Enjoy thick plank bamboo flooring, custom paint, wood blinds, granite kitchen tile counters, beautiful ceramic tile shower and remodeled bathrooms, upgraded fixtures. Move-in ready! See supplement for more.
Welcome to the coveted neighborhood of Carlsbad Crest. This home is turn key, with upgrades galore. Enjoy outdoor relaxation and ocean breezes from a spacious patio that has just been redone. The beautiful tree-lined complex features 2 community pools/spas, and just a short distance to shopping, dining and the beach. One covered parking space plus large storage closet come with the home, as well as the washer, dryer and refrigerator.
- 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths
- Bamboo wide plank flooring
- Granite tile kitchen counters
- Upgraded kitchen with recessed lighting, refrigerator included
- Custom paint throughout
- Wide baseboards
- Wood blinds
- Large patio recently redone
- Remodeled bathrooms with ceramic tiled shower
- Laundry closet with washer and dryer included
- Covered carport space and large storage closet
- Bright and open floorplan
- Updated fixtures and lighting
- Beautiful complex with 2 pools/spas and green areas
- Less than 1 mile to shopping, dining and beach
- No mello roos
- Carlsbad Schools
For more information please click here. For questions or to schedule a showing please call Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE lic 01399682
Friday, June 17th, 2016
There seem to be a a slurry of lockbox break-ins and subsequent home break-ins or attempts lately in the San Diego County area, so if you have a home for sale or are a listing agent, please read on so you can be informed and safe.
Several agents – including myself – have reported lockbox break-ins or attempted break-ins within the last few months. One agent group to which I belong had multiple agents telling stories of lockbox thefts, with subsequent break-ins or attempts. It seems there is a pattern: the thieves come in the middle of the night and use power tools to break the lockbox off doors or pipes. They then take it and return with the key the following day to attempt home robbery.
One agent reported that her seller noticed in the morning as he was leaving for work that that lockbox had been cut. He stayed home and had a locksmith come immediately to change the locks – the thief/thieves returned later that day and attempted to access the home, but luckily were unable to do so – they decided not to use another lockbox.
Another agent said her lockbox had been cut and the thieves returned and stole an oven from the home.
Last month my sellers heard someone tampering with their lockbox between 2-3 AM (Mrs. Seller happened to be up nursing the baby); when Mr. Seller ran to the door and opened it the thief jumped in his waiting car and sped away. We removed the lockbox.
I spoke with the Carlsbad Police Department and they have not had any reports of this from agents or homeowners. I encouraged my clients to report their incident when it happened, but they did not get a description of the man, nor could they tell the make or model of the vehicle or license plate number – it all happened so fast – so they did not report it. The police department recommended not using lockboxes.
After reading the other agent stories a few days ago I removed a lockbox from a listing of mine and made showings by appointment only. Obviously this is an inconvenience for buyer agents, because they and I have to find mutually available times to meet, but it is better that my sellers are protected.
Keep in mind that real estate lockboxes are very well-made and are supposed to be break-in proof, according to the local Realtor association, but with battery operated power tools it is obvious that this is not the case. Never use contractor lockboxes, as these are much more flimsy and easier to break open. Either way, if you are a listing agent or seller you may want to consider this information and decide how to proceed.
If you are an agent please let me know if you have a similar story to share – and please report it to your local police department. This effects our business and our clients…hopefully there will be a way to stop it from happening that will not inconvenience home sellers and agents.
Thursday, June 9th, 2016
Welcome to 1628 New Crest Court in Carlsbad, Offered at $1,479,000.
Pure luxury abounds in this exquisite new construction Carlsbad home, situated on the end of a cul de sac with gorgeous easterly sunrise, canyon and mountain views, and only minutes to the beach. This stunning home has it all, with impeccable attention to detail – hardwood flooring, plantation shutters, stainless top of the line appliances, silk granite and quartz counters, French doors, complete landscaping, and much more, on an 8800+ square foot view lot that is adjacent to open space.
– 5 Bedrooms (one downstairs), 4.5 baths, 4234 square feet
– 8816 square foot private lot
– End of cul-de-sac view lot – canyon and mountain easterly views
– Open floorplan with 9-10 foot high ceilings throughout
– Hardwood flooring downstairs and designer carpeting upstairs
– Enormous kitchen with oversized satin finished granite island
– Quartz kitchen counters and custom full-height tiled backsplash
– Satin white cabinetry with soft close in kitchen
– Stainless Dacor (Bosch-quality) appliances, including 3 ovens and 6-burner stove
– Butler pantry, large walk-in storage pantry and breakfast nook
– Spacious family room with fireplace and folding doors to bring the outdoors inside
– Master & powder bath Marble countertops with tile and wood floors
– Cultured marble and tile backsplash in laundry room, and all other baths
– Outdoor covered loggia
– Upgraded fixtures and lighting
– Downstairs bedroom and bathroom with French doors
– Recessed lighting in all rooms
– Instant water heating in Kitchen and Master bathroom
– Rannai tankless water heaters
– Plantation shutters and vertical blinds
– Heat & Glo Fireplace
– Goodman A/C
– Lift master garage door openers
– Rainbird sprinkler system with auto humidity control
– Master bedroom balcony and Juliet balcony in front
– Mission Drywall Texture
– Front courtyard
– Fully landscaped and hardscaped
– Carlsbad Unified School District
– Close to shopping, dining, parks, beaches and highways
For more information and photos please click here. Or call agent Rachel LaMar for a private showing at 760-310-9466.
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
If you are a real estate agent who works in Carlsbad, or a seller/potential seller in Carlsbad: keep reading because your business or home sale could be affected by the actions of the City of Carlsbad. If you work in the real estate industry in Carlsbad, please attend the meeting to discuss this issue on March 15 at 10 AM at the Carlsbad City Hall Council Chambers – PLEASE ATTEND and spread the word!
Over the last few weeks the City has been out on weekends collecting real estate open house signs (and also yard sale signs). All the signs are brought back to city offices and dumped in the back of a building. Many years ago the City enforced their regulation that states that signs may not be placed in public right-of-ways inside the City. But for many years this has not been enforced; now all of a sudden, without any warning, signs are being confiscated. Click here to see video shot by Michael Greco of Guild Mortgage.
What the City is doing is unfair and interrupts business and home sales. Here are the reasons why:
1. Traffic interrupted/Loss of potential buyers for home sellers: Agents who hold open houses are working in the best interest of their sellers to find a qualified buyer. Sitting open houses takes time and costs money – without signs to guide people to the homes we are missing out on a large percentage of possible buyers. This is not fair to the home sellers, who want to draw as much traffic as possible in order to find that one qualified and excited buyer.
2. Monetary cost to agents: Open houses cost money – we spend money on advertising, the signs themselves, printed materials and snacks. Not to mention our time – we take 3-4 hours out of a weekend day to market the home for our sellers. Without signage we will waste money and time.
3. Waste of city resources – signs are temporary: Signs are out for 3-4 hours, and agents of course take them down because they are expensive and we don’t want them thrown away. Paying city employees for time and gas to take our signs down is a waste of city funds – I can think of many better ways to use the resources (that would require a VERY long and opinionated blog so I’ll spare you).
4. No clear definition of “public right-of-way:” To me, a public right-of-way is a space where the public has access, like a sidewalk. I would not want a sidewalk blocked with a bunch of signs. However, many agents post their signs back from the sidewalks in grassy or dirt areas, so that no access is blocked, and again placement is temporary.
No matter how you look at it, what the city is doing creates an economic impact on the real estate business. As brokers and agents we work hard to promote our listings for our sellers. We want to bring in as much traffic to these open homes in the hopes of finding a buyer. This creates many missed opportunities.
The city has not returned calls regarding this situation or information on the meeting. San Diego ABC channel 10 will soon by doing a story on this and hopefully the city will provide more information. All agents and brokers who work in Carlsbad: Please attend the meeting. There will be media presence and we need to fight for our rights to market our clients’ homes.
Sunday, January 10th, 2016
1415 Coral Way, Carlsbad CA 92011
Offered at $749,000
Ocean breeze Carlsbad cul-de-sac home, 2 miles from beach and world-class shopping/dining! Fantastic floor plan lives like a single story with a downstairs master suite, 2 bedrooms and large loft upstairs. Living/dining room combo with beautiful hardwood flooring and high ceilings, spacious family room with built-in surround sound system, fireplace and media nook, open kitchen with center island and breakfast area. Gated community with pool, spas, parks and RV lot, low maintenance yard, AC, alarm, low HOAs, no mello roos, Carlsbad schools…and priced to sell. Stop by – open today from 1:00-4:00.
For more photos, virtual tour and information click here, or call Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466