Archive for the ‘Carlsbad’ Category
Friday, October 21st, 2016
This wonderfully upgraded Sea Cliff home is located on a cul de sac with views of the lake and pool area. 2 Master suites plus an optional third bedroom downstairs provide ample living space, and the private backyard patio offers fruit trees and tranquil views. Upgrades include granite counters, stainless appliances, travertine flooring, designer carpeting upstairs, new fixtures, remodeled fireplace and bathrooms, new water heater, epoxy flooring in garage, air conditioning, custom paint throughout, and more.
- 1681 SF, 2 bedrooms + optional bedroom, 3 bathrooms
- Patio views to lake and pool/spa
- Quiet cul de sac location
- Upgraded kitchen with granite counters
- Stainless appliances (refrigerator included with sale)
- Travertine flooring downstairs
- Designer carpeting on stairs and second floor
- Dual master suites and a third optional bedroom downstairs
- New lighting and fixtures throughout
- Remodeled bathrooms
- Custom paint throughout, wide baseboards
- 2 car garage with epoxy flooring and built-in storage
- New water heater
- New washer and dryer (included)
- Air conditioning
- High ceilings
- Gated community
- Community pools and spas, tennis courts, clubhouse, lakes, walking paths
- Less than a mile to the beach
- Stroll to shopping, dining at Poinsettia Village Center
- Carlsbad School District
- Low HOAs, no mello roos
Sea Cliff is one of Carlsbad’s secret havens: a gated community with tree-lined walking paths, lakes and ponds, tennis courts, pools and hot tubs, gazebos, places to sit and enjoy nature, plus a fully equipped clubhouse where there is always something going on. Located only 1 mile from the beach, and moments to shopping, dining and entertainment in sunny Carlsbad, North San Diego.
For more photos, information or to schedule a showing, click here or contact agent Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. LaMar Real Estate. BRE# 01993682
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Welcome to 7205 Mimosa Drive in Carlsbad, offered at $839,000.
If you never thought you could fall in love with a home, wait until you see this one. This spectacularly upgraded home is where memories will be made, friends and families will gather, and long lazy days will be spent in the impeccably landscaped pool-sized backyard with ocean breezes and peek views of the stunning Batiquitos Lagoon. Lovingly updated with top of the line materials, gorgeous kitchen and fabulous loft with view balcony.
Enjoy distressed wood plank flooring, custom paint, new windows and doors, incredible chef kitchen with granite counters, custom cabinetry and stainless appliances. Updated bathrooms with extended Italian porcelain shower in the master bath, upgraded fixtures throughout, crown molding in bedrooms, cedar plank master closet, enormous rectangular yard with room for large pool, raised patio, putting green, vegetable garden and lagoon views from deck. RV parking, storage shed and large patio off the kitchen for entertaining. Huge bright and open loft upstairs with ocean and lagoon peek from electronic Sunsetter covered balcony, room off of loft – playroom, office, den, or add closet for another bedroom. Newer roof, garage storage and workbench, ceiling fans, and whole house wiring. Adjacent to Batiquitos Lagoon trails, and short stroll to shopping, dining, grocery store, library, movies and more. Carlsbad schools – blocks to Aviara Oaks Elementary and Aviara Middle School. Great neighborhood with NO HOAs or mello roos. Moment to beaches…come live the Carlsbad lifestyle.
– 3 bedrooms plus 1 optional, 2 baths, 1653 square feet
– Distressed wide plank wood flooring
– New windows and doors throughout
– Gorgeous kitchen with granite, stainless appliances, custom cabinetry, raised ceiling,
movable island counter, added window and updated fixtures
– Crown molding in bedrooms, plantation shutters
– Lovely master suite with French doors to the yard, cedar plank built-in closet
– Italian porcelain extended shower in master bathroom
– Upgraded fixtures and custom paint throughout
– Pool-sized yard: raised deck with lagoon views, putting green, vegetable garden,
storage shed and large patio off kitchen
– RV parking
– Big, bright, open loft upstairs with ocean peek view balcony, Sunsetter electronic shade
and recently redone deck
– Room off loft – office, playroom, den, or add closet for another bedroom
– Newer roof (8 years old)
– Garage laundry area, storage and workbench
– No HOA or mello roos
– Adjacent to Batiquitos Lagoon and trails
– Carlsbad schools – Aviara Oaks Elementary and Middle Schools are blocks away
– Stroll to shopping, dining, movies, coffee, grocery store, library and more
– Moments to beaches, transportation and everything Carlsbad has to offer
For more information and photos click here. Call Broker Rachel LaMar with questions or to schedule a showing at 760-310-9466. MLS# 160042727. OPEN SUNDAY, 8/7 1-4:00 PM
Thursday, July 14th, 2016
Welcome to 870 Ginger Avenue, Carlsbad
Offered at $449,000
Fabulous upstairs corner unit condo in coveted southwest Carlsbad, filled with upgrades and natural light, with a large patio to enjoy ocean breezes. Enjoy thick plank bamboo flooring, custom paint, wood blinds, granite kitchen tile counters, beautiful ceramic tile shower and remodeled bathrooms, upgraded fixtures. Move-in ready! See supplement for more.
Welcome to the coveted neighborhood of Carlsbad Crest. This home is turn key, with upgrades galore. Enjoy outdoor relaxation and ocean breezes from a spacious patio that has just been redone. The beautiful tree-lined complex features 2 community pools/spas, and just a short distance to shopping, dining and the beach. One covered parking space plus large storage closet come with the home, as well as the washer, dryer and refrigerator.
- 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths
- Bamboo wide plank flooring
- Granite tile kitchen counters
- Upgraded kitchen with recessed lighting, refrigerator included
- Custom paint throughout
- Wide baseboards
- Wood blinds
- Large patio recently redone
- Remodeled bathrooms with ceramic tiled shower
- Laundry closet with washer and dryer included
- Covered carport space and large storage closet
- Bright and open floorplan
- Updated fixtures and lighting
- Beautiful complex with 2 pools/spas and green areas
- Less than 1 mile to shopping, dining and beach
- No mello roos
- Carlsbad Schools
For more information please click here. For questions or to schedule a showing please call Broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE lic 01399682
Friday, June 3rd, 2016
Welcome to 1734 Cereus Court in Carlsbad! Offered at $889,000, this gorgeous 1869 square foot, 4 bedroom, 3 bath home sits on an almost 9000 square foot lot adjacent to the Batiquitos Lagoon.
Upgraded and TURN-KEY and located in the coveted Seaport neighborhood of South Carlsbad, this home is the epitome of the Carlsbad lifestyle. Remodeled throughout with custom cabinetry, granite counters, stainless appliances, double oven, large kitchen island, hardwood flooring, custom paint, new windows and doors throughout, Plantation shutters. Single story living plus large loft and master suite upstairs. Spacious, private backyard with built-in kitchen and huge seating counter, hot tub and lovely garden, and much more!
• Upgraded kitchen with granite counters, custom fixtures, large island and skylight
• Top of the line stainless appliances including large refrigerator and double oven
• Hardwood flooring and custom tile
• Newer doors and windows throughout, including French doors
• Stunning travertine tile bathrooms
• Venetian plaster walls
• Custom paint throughout
• Plantation shutters
• Large yard with built-in BBQ and seating area, hot tub, garden
• Gated front courtyard with fountain
• Enormous upstairs loft and second master suite addition
• Reverse osmosis system
• Downstairs master converted to granny flat with bath, kitchenette (easy to convert to interior bedroom)
• RV parking
• Carlsbad School District
• Close to shopping, dining, movies, post office, schools, parks, resorts, beaches
• No HOAs or mello roos!
For more information please click here. To schedule a showing please contact broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. CA BRE Lic # 01399682
Monday, February 29th, 2016
As a Carlsbad resident I have to say that I have never been so happy that an election is over. For those who do not know, on February 23 the city of Carlsbad voted on Measure A – a decision which would decide on the fate of the Aqua Hedionda Lagoon and whether it would become the new home of a upscale shopping and dining destination. I have never seen this city so divided.
People were very vocal on both the “No” and “Yes” sides of the spectrum. There are 2 things I found prevalent among many people, as evidenced on social media:
1. Many residents did not truly understand the issue on which they were voting, and instead listened to all the negative propaganda on both sides. It was clear from many comments posted that people did not really understand the ramifications of a “no” or “yes” vote. Many based their decisions on opinions or fluff spewed out by those passionately representing one side. For example, a few people commented that they were voting “no” in order to keep the lagoon in it’s natural state.
The fact of the matter is that the lagoon land, which is owned by SDG&E, WILL be sold and developed. Whoever goes through the proper means to make this happen (the City allowed the current purchaser to cut corners and did not bring it to the voters until they raised a stink) will develop. It may be something not as nice as the current plans specified – such as housing – I heard a rumor about apartment buildings – which may not allow Carlsbad residents to enjoy the space.
2. Many residents acted immature and rude to those on the other side, resorting to name-calling, destruction and stealing of signs, and even threats. Behavior was disappointing. I even posted a comment on Nextdoor.com about a week before the election, trying to appeal to neighbors to be positive and to use their voices to educate the undecideds instead of lashing out insults on the other side. For about a day or 2 people responded to the post in a positive manner. But as soon as one person got nasty it went downhill from there.
Next time there is an election of any type I recommend every citizen do the following prior to voting:
1. Get educated. Read the material you can find on the topic, research it. Truly understand the issue and the opposing arguments. Don’t just rely on what your neighbor or co-worker says, or what angry people say online or write on signs posted in the city. In law school I learned to study arguments on both sides in order to prepare to make my arguments – this is a valuable lesson for everyone.
2. Keep it Classy. This was what I called for when I posted the comment I mentioned above. We live in a democratic society. People will have different opinions – how wonderful that we are allowed to express them. Embrace them and try to understand them – you don’t have to agree. Don’t go online and rant, don’t resort to violence (defacing signs, stealing signs – both of which are illegal and can get you arrested). Each one of these incidences is a valuable lesson to teach our children. Calling your neighbor a name on social media and getting angry because others don’t share your viewpoint is not classy, and teaches young people that it’s ok to not be classy.
Of course, there are some people who insist they are right and they will not refrain from shouting about it, even it it means stepping on or insulting others. My advice is to not respond to these people when they post rude comments. They are obviously looking for fuel to incite them – don’t go there. As I suggested to Carlsbad citizens, use your voices in a positive way – go stand outside a store with pamphlets or blog about your views, write an editorial in a local publication, talk with neighbors and form groups to get out there and teach others.
Keep in mind that every situation is a both an opportunity for each of us to show our true colors, as well as a teaching opportunity. Become a community leader and a teacher by staying educated and being classy.
Wednesday, February 24th, 2016
If you are a real estate agent who works in Carlsbad, or a seller/potential seller in Carlsbad: keep reading because your business or home sale could be affected by the actions of the City of Carlsbad. If you work in the real estate industry in Carlsbad, please attend the meeting to discuss this issue on March 15 at 10 AM at the Carlsbad City Hall Council Chambers – PLEASE ATTEND and spread the word!
Over the last few weeks the City has been out on weekends collecting real estate open house signs (and also yard sale signs). All the signs are brought back to city offices and dumped in the back of a building. Many years ago the City enforced their regulation that states that signs may not be placed in public right-of-ways inside the City. But for many years this has not been enforced; now all of a sudden, without any warning, signs are being confiscated. Click here to see video shot by Michael Greco of Guild Mortgage.
What the City is doing is unfair and interrupts business and home sales. Here are the reasons why:
1. Traffic interrupted/Loss of potential buyers for home sellers: Agents who hold open houses are working in the best interest of their sellers to find a qualified buyer. Sitting open houses takes time and costs money – without signs to guide people to the homes we are missing out on a large percentage of possible buyers. This is not fair to the home sellers, who want to draw as much traffic as possible in order to find that one qualified and excited buyer.
2. Monetary cost to agents: Open houses cost money – we spend money on advertising, the signs themselves, printed materials and snacks. Not to mention our time – we take 3-4 hours out of a weekend day to market the home for our sellers. Without signage we will waste money and time.
3. Waste of city resources – signs are temporary: Signs are out for 3-4 hours, and agents of course take them down because they are expensive and we don’t want them thrown away. Paying city employees for time and gas to take our signs down is a waste of city funds – I can think of many better ways to use the resources (that would require a VERY long and opinionated blog so I’ll spare you).
4. No clear definition of “public right-of-way:” To me, a public right-of-way is a space where the public has access, like a sidewalk. I would not want a sidewalk blocked with a bunch of signs. However, many agents post their signs back from the sidewalks in grassy or dirt areas, so that no access is blocked, and again placement is temporary.
No matter how you look at it, what the city is doing creates an economic impact on the real estate business. As brokers and agents we work hard to promote our listings for our sellers. We want to bring in as much traffic to these open homes in the hopes of finding a buyer. This creates many missed opportunities.
The city has not returned calls regarding this situation or information on the meeting. San Diego ABC channel 10 will soon by doing a story on this and hopefully the city will provide more information. All agents and brokers who work in Carlsbad: Please attend the meeting. There will be media presence and we need to fight for our rights to market our clients’ homes.
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016
Many people use big chains to grab their favorite brew each day, but I have always been a fan of small, local coffee houses – and it makes me feel good too to support local businesses. Here in North San Diego we are lucky to have some fantastic places to grab your tea or coffee, sit and do some work, have a business meeting or visit with a friend or spouse. Here are my favorites from Carlsbad to La Jolla:
La Costa Coffee Roasting: This place has been a staple in the Aviara community of Southwest Carlsbad for as long as I can remember (at least over 20 years). The coffees and teas are great, they feature daily specials, and there are a variety of pastries. They sell coffee in bulk, which is roasted on the premises, and whole leaf teas as well (no boxed tea bags here!). On Friday nights there is live music, and once a month they host open mic nights. The outdoor seating area is wonderful, with comfortable sofas and big umbrellas. 6965 El Camino Real, Ste 208 Carlsbad, CA 92009 (off El Camino between Aviara Pkwy and Dove Lane). 760-438-8160.
Vinaka Cafe, Carlsbad Village: This quaint coffee house serves wonderful coffee and tea drinks, and sits in the heart of the Village. There are many local regulars and the food is fresh and delicious and not overpriced. There is a very relaxed feel here and you will always be welcomed. 300 Carlsbad Village Dr, Ste 211, Carlsbad, CA 92008. 760-720-7890.
Better Buzz, Encinitas: The newest coffee house in the ‘hood of downtown Encinitas is creating a buzz. The atmosphere is wonderful, with high ceilings and a funky, hip vibe. Coffee and tea drinks are tasty, and they also offer yummy smoothies and a selection of eats, including the famed avocado toast and fresh acai bowls. Located in the heart of downtown Encinitas, this is a new favorite hang out, whether relaxing or on the way to and from shopping, dining or a trip to Whole Foods. 578 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas, CA 92024. 760-487-5562.
Pannikin, Encinitas: Pannikin is a landmark on Coast Highway in Encinitas, and the big yellow Victorian house has been a favorite among locals and visitors since 1968. The atmosphere and coffee/tea drinks are fantastic (serving whole leaf teas, with loose tea for sale), and the food can’t be beat. Enjoy a full breakfast and lunch menu, from healthy breakfasts to scrumptious sandwiches and soups, and a delicious selection of baked goods. If you’ve never visited you are missing out on a iconic Encinitas spot that is great for people watching. Sit inside or out. 510 N. Highway 101, Encinitas CA 92024. 760-436-5824.
Swell Cafe, Del Mar: Located in the redesigned Flower Hill Promenade, this former Pannikin is a great place to relax, meet or work/study. The coffee and food is good, and the outdoor seating is plentiful – plus it a great shopping center and there is a Whole Foods downstairs. 2670 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014.
The Living Room, La Jolla Village: I love stopping in here when I am in the Village, and have been visiting for many years. It is a comfy and eclectic coffee house with a vibe that truly lives up to its name, complete with antique furniture and a velvet cushioned love seat. Sit in the back and enjoy ocean peeks. Great coffee drinks and smoothies, delicious desserts and and a full lunch and breakfast menu. A great place to stop when out walking the beach, shopping the Village or after visiting the seals/sea lions at the Children’s Pool. 1010 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037. 858-459-1187.
Next time you are in the mood for coffee or tea, support local small businesses and try one of our local coffee houses – you’ll be happy you did. If you have a North County favorite coffee/tea spot that I did not mention, or make a new discovery, please comment with name and location…I love trying new places!
Sunday, January 10th, 2016
1415 Coral Way, Carlsbad CA 92011
Offered at $749,000
Ocean breeze Carlsbad cul-de-sac home, 2 miles from beach and world-class shopping/dining! Fantastic floor plan lives like a single story with a downstairs master suite, 2 bedrooms and large loft upstairs. Living/dining room combo with beautiful hardwood flooring and high ceilings, spacious family room with built-in surround sound system, fireplace and media nook, open kitchen with center island and breakfast area. Gated community with pool, spas, parks and RV lot, low maintenance yard, AC, alarm, low HOAs, no mello roos, Carlsbad schools…and priced to sell. Stop by – open today from 1:00-4:00.
For more photos, virtual tour and information click here, or call Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466
Thursday, October 22nd, 2015
Please join us this Sunday, 10/25 in the gated hilltop neighborhood of Mar Brisa in South Carlsbad, where you can tour 7 open homes. You will view a variety of floorplans and lots, all waiting for new owners! Mar Brisa is a wonderful neighborhood with lots of amenities, including a resort-like pool area, 2 spas, parks, play areas, an RV lot…beach close with low HOA fees, NO mello roos, and located within the award-winning Carlsbad School District! Open Sunday 10/25 1-4 PM
1409 Turquoise Drive – listed by Rachel LaMar, LaMar Real Estate (760)310-9466 $755,000 (BRE Lic #01399682)
1605 Turquoise Drive – listed by Jennifer Graber, Coldwell Banker (760)533-8717 $769,000 (BRE Lic # 01509374)
1604 Sapphire Drive – listed by Dennis DeSouza, RE/Max Associates (858)455-7653 $779,000 (BRE Lic# 01220680)
1585 Turquoise Drive – listed by Larry Baker, Coldwell Banker (760)635-4273 $789,000 (BRE Lic# 898774)
1415 Coral Way – listed by Rachel LaMar, LaMar Real Estate (760)310-9466 $789,000 (BRE Lic# 01399682)
1514 Turquoise Drive – listed by Tracy Sharrar, Windermere Homes and Estates (760)274-5228 $809,900 (BRE Lic# 01335495)
1505 Turquoise Drive – listed by Tiffany Weis, Humphreys Homes and Estates (760)505-1389 $859,000 (BRE Lic# 01471832)
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Enjoy spectacular panoramic ocean views and sunsets from this beautiful, bright Cape Cod style home in Carlsbad’s desirable Sea Cliff community. Stunning remodeled and expanded chef’s kitchen with tons of cabinets and large center island, spacious ocean view patio, new paint inside and out, newer doors and windows, clean and move-in ready! Enjoy resort living in this serene gated community with pools, spas, ponds, tennis courts, clubhouse and walking paths, and only 1 mile from the beach.
• 1876 square feet – largest home in the neighborhood
• 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths
•Ocean/sunset views from kitchen, living room and master suite
• Large outdoor patio with ocean views and raised planter beds
• Enormous remodeled kitchen with lots of cabinetry, center island, and views
• Huge living room with fireplace
• Built-in entertainment system in family room
• New paint inside and out
• 2 car garage with built-in storage and new garage door
• Solatubes upstairs and in garage
• Upgraded custom tile in entryway and kitchen
• New doors and windows throughout
• Plantation shutters in master and third bedroom
• New bath/shower in master bathroom
For more information or to schedule a showing, please contact broker Rachel LaMar at 760-310-9466. Click here to view property website. MLS # 150054904. CA BRE lic #01399682